Cat & Dog Boarding at Our Animal Hospitals
When you’re away, we believe pets should play and feel like they are at their home away from home. Our doggy friends have a large area to play in with toys of their choice, windows to look out, and comfy blankets and pillows to snooze comfortably throughout the night. Cats get to bask in sunlight, climb the cat tree, or stretch from atop cat condos in a separate facility away from the dogs. Our team members make every effort to give cats and dogs plenty of care and attention during their stay. Our cat & dog boarding and day care services are available to patients and non patients alike to serve residents in Duluth and all area communities.
Doggie Day Care
Bring your dog in for a day of supervised fun! Our day care offers a fenced yard with artificial turf, plenty of toys, a kiddie pool and lots of canine friends. Before bringing your dog in for their first day care or boarding visit, we do require that your dog comes to see us for a 3-4 hour B.A.R.C. behavior assessment. This is a free visit where we get to know your dog and your dog gets to know us. It gives us the opportunity to see if a multi-dog environment is a good fit for your pet.
We take special care of your feline friends in a hospital apart from the dogs. As a certified Cat-Friendly Practice, all our staff members are trained to spot cats’ unique behavioral cues and provide safe-handling techniques to minimize stress. Ask us about special pricing for two or more cats that board in the same room. Cats must have feline distemper and rabies vaccines along with an annual fecal and wellness exam.
While boarding with us, your dog has the option to play in day care or lounge around in one of our large, comfy suites. We are a play-oriented facility. Therefore, we like for all of our dogs to spend a little time together. All dogs must pass our assessment and be able to participate in group play. We provide blankets, beds, toys, food, treats and lots of one on one attention from our team.
Bring your best friend to get a little bit of pampering. You can bring them in just to get cleaned up or they can stay for a day of play first!
We offer baths in addition to other grooming services. They include:
- Comb out severe mats
- Anal glands with bath
- Anal glands w/out bath
- Medicated bath
- Nail trim
- Cat nail trim
Things to Note
Before your cat or dog comes to play with us, please take note of our pet wellness requirements. As always, the health and safety of every pet who visits us are of extreme importance. Consequently, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- To board with us, we require that your dog has up-to-date rabies, bordetella and distemper vaccinations at least 10 days prior to visiting our facility. Furthermore, they must have a current heartworm test, fecal exam and general wellness exam within the past year and have no signs of respiratory disease prior to their visit.
- We require all dogs in our care wear a quick release break-away collar for their own safety. We highly recommend that you also have identification on your dog’s collar.
- Unaltered pets over one year of age are not eligible to attend day care or board overnight. Dogs over six months of age that are not spayed or neutered must be assessed at every visit to evaluate their behavior. We cannot accept any females that are in heat.
- Reservations are required for day care and pet boarding. We carefully manage our attendant to dog ratio; therefore we cannot accept walk-ins.
- Day care and spa treatments are available Monday through Saturday. These services are not available on Sundays and holidays.
- Please remember to call well in advance for reservations over the holidays or during the summer.
- Any pet not picked up before 7 pm will be boarded at our regular rates.
- Earn free play and overnight stays. Ask about our loyalty program!
- Please be aware that Tiger Tails Animal Hospital now requires a 50% reservation deposit for all future holiday pet boarding stays. Holidays include: Spring Break, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s. The deposit must be processed at least two weeks prior to the start of the reservation. If the deposit is not submitted, the reservation will be subject to cancellation. Holiday reservations may be cancelled with at least seven days advance notice to receive a full refund of the deposit. No shows and reservations cancelled less than seven days prior will forfeit deposit.