Proud to Be an AAHA Accredited Animal Hospital
Because we continually strive to improve our services for our patients in Duluth and area communities, we’re proud to hold accreditation from the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). As an AAHA member, we hold ourselves to higher standards of care and stay-up-to-date on medicine’s best practices.
Animal hospitals are not regulated like human hospitals and accreditation is completely voluntary. Furthermore, AAHA is
the sole accrediting agency in the veterinary industry. While many pet owners believe their hospital is accredited, only 12-15% of animal hospitals actually are according to AAHA.
What it Takes to Be AAHA
Before we could label ourselves as accredited, AAHA consultants evaluated us on about 900 different business and medical standards. Every three years we’re reevaluated to ensure that we’re following best practices and procedures for best veterinary care. Among the points we’re continually evaluated on:
- Measures we take to keep patients safe under anesthesia, including close monitoring of vital signs.
- Procedures we take to care for our patients’ whole health, including thorough analysis of major body systems.
- Sanitary practices we have in place to prevent unnecessary infection and the spread of illness and disease.
- The way we train our staff to properly handle animals to reduce stress and unnecessary discomfort.
- Pain is assessed for every patient regardless of the present concern.
- Though our entire staff follows best practices, only licensed veterinarians oversee pets’ treatment and care.
- Extensive laboratory capabilities analyze body chemistries for a complete diagnosis of any concerns.
What it Means for Your Pet
Being an AAHA accredited animal hospital means that our doctors and staff are current with the most recent advances in veterinary medicine. We’re ready to impart our knowledge and high-level of care to our patients. In the same way, we go the extra mile for our clients through education and open dialogue. If your pet undergoes any surgical procedure with us, they will be watched closely with advanced monitoring equipment and kept warm throughout for an easier recovery. By following AAHA guidelines and research, we stay-up-to-date on many areas of veterinary care, including:
- Dental care
- Weight management
- Behavioral counseling
- Pain management
Please contact us for more information about our AAHA accreditation, what it means for your pet, and the guidelines we follow. We want to keep your pet healthy and happy for years to come. Schedule a visit today!